The Bariatric Wheelchair Electric Folding can be considered one of the best new wheelchairs in the Australian Market.
The WD Heavy Duty wheelchair is one of a kind with outstanding durability features extreme reliability
The wheelchair comes with flip-up armrests and footrests for easy access to and from the mobility device. Similar to the D09, this lightweight wheelchair WD is equipped with 2 removable quick-release slick batteries that are skilfully placed into the side subframe on either side of the foldable power chair. With a press of a button, these can be removed from the front of either side of the seat.
The Bariatric Electric Folding Wheelchair easily folds in approximately two seconds and can be placed into the boot of most vehicles. It unfolds by simply lifting the handle upwards. The WD cushion is covered in an anti-bacterial breathable material that consists of high-quality Oxford fabric and is completely machine washable. The seat is positioned to optimise centre of gravity so that it doesn't put you at risk when going up a large hill due to its safety mechanism it will automatically stop.
- This bariatric wheelchair has two very high quality Brushless Motors
- Fits easily into the boot of virtually all sedans & hatches.
- Small and portable for train, and airplane travel.
- Safely supports up to 180kg.
- Lightweight Aerospace aluminium-alloy frame – No rust.
- Removable, washable seat cushion and backrest.
- Solid front and rear tires – no more punctures.
- Flip-up footrest.
- 360° joystick controller.
- 11.5cm ground clearance – comparable with the top all-terrain models.
- Two quite brushless motors for ultimate power.
- Intelligent electromagnetic brake (electronic regenerative disc brake) to ensure passenger safety.
- Reliable and precise battery-life indicator.
- 24V/12AH Ion Lithium battery – chargeable on or off-board.
- One battery per motor – extends the life, better response.
- Easily travels on different surfaces – Gravel – Grass – Cobbled.
- Front & rear suspension to reduce shock from different surfaces.
The Bariatric Electric Folding Wheelchair can be easily folded in a couple of seconds and the batteries are neatly tucked away into the framework.
Bariatric Seat Cushion width available options:
- Standard bariatric seat width: 530mm (internal width between two armrests: 540mm)
- large bariatric seat width: 550mm (internal width between two armrests: 560mm)
- Extra bariatric large seat width: 580mm (internal width between two armrests: 600mm)
Custom make is available
The bariatric wheelchair for sale can also be customised with a customised cushion, carer bracket, phone holder and many more!
Please enquire to customise you brand new wheelchair
- Weight Capacity: 180 kg
- Dimensions L x W: 960 mm x 670 mm
- Height: 930 mm
- Seat Width a option: 530 mm, 570 mm and 600mm
- Seat Depth: 430 mm
- Folded size: (w) 640 x (h)930 x (d)960mm
- Overall width: 640 mm
- Weight with batteries: 28.5 kg
- Weight without batteries: 25.5 kg
- Motor Type: 250 W x 2 DC 24 V Brushless
- Battery Range: 25 km
- Drive Wheel: 12 inch
- Front Caster: 7 inch
- Turning Radius: Turns on own circle
- Charging time: 4-6 hours
- Colour option: Black, Blue, Red, Copper Brown, Silver
- Widening Kit of 80mm: Bariatric Cushion 530mm
- Widening Kit of 10mm: Bariatric Cushion 550mm
- Widening Kit of 140mm: Bariatric Cushion 580mm
Frequently asked questions:
1- What is a bariatric wheelchair?
A bariatric wheelchair is an electric wheelchair that is wide enough for people that need more room. Our Bariatric wheelchairs are strong enough to withstand higher maximum capacities and higher loads. Our Air Hawk wheelchair has a maximum weight capacity of 180kg which means that a person weighing up to 180kg can use this wheelchair.
It also means that the bariatric wheelchair is wider than normal and fits a person that needs a wider wheelchair. Our Air Hawk bariatric wheelchair is fitted with a widening kit to ensure your comfort and that you have a wheelchair that fits you perfectly.
2- What is the weight limit for a standard wheelchair?
The weight limit for a standard electric wheelchair can range from approximately 100kg-130kg however this particular model it is designed to carry up to 180 kg and it is classified as Bariatric Wheelchair.
When you using a standard wheelchair if you weigh more than that amount or a little less, the standard wheelchair is unsafe for you to use as it might snap or break, the battery charge will last less, you are unable to carry any bags or groceries with your wheelchair and if you go over a bump it is likely to break.
Therefore we recommend purchasing a heavy duty bariatric wheelchair even if you weigh less than the maximum capacity and especially if you will be using it outdoors or have groceries to carry. If you would like a heavy duty wheelchair without the widening kit as the standard width is suitable, we can arrange this!
3- What size is a bariatric wheelchair?
The good thing about our Air Hawk Bariatric wheelchair is that it fits perfectly between standard doors and is not any wider than our standard wheelchairs. Our standard wheelchairs are heavy duty foldable, light weight and compact meaning that using a heavy duty wheelchair does not mean it will be bulky or heavy and only weighs a NET of 25kg!
Here are the dimensions of our compact heavy duty bariatric wheelchair:
- Max L with footplate: 950 mm
- Max L without footplate: 800 mm
- Max H: 930 mm
- Seat W: 460 mm
- Seat D: 440 mm
- Cushion Height: 55 mm
- Seat H cushion to the ground: 460 mm
- Backrest H: 400 mm
- Folded W: 580 mm
- Folded L with footplate folded up: 780 mm
- Folded H: 340 mm
- Extra Width option (by adding Widening kits): 540 mm, 560 mm and 600 mm
- Backrest height from the seat including the backrest rail: 530 mm
- The arm width is 560 mm which is an additional 100 mm wider than our standard wheelchair
4- What is a heavy duty wheelchair?
A heavy duty wheelchair is a wheelchair that is strong and durable and can carry high maximum weight capacities like our bariatric wheelchair the Air Hawk which can carry 180kg! Heavy duty wheelchairs do not necessarily mean it is a bariatric wheelchair.
Our Air Hawk Bariatric wheelchair is bariatric and heavy duty meaning that it is wide enough and fits people that need a larger width and also fits people that are heavier or require a wheelchair that withstands higher weight capacities. If a bariatric wheelchair is made of poor quality it has a lower maximum weight capacity and may not be strong enough, and can break easily.
5- What size of wheelchair do I need?
You can determine the size of wheelchair you need by measuring from hip to hip when you are seated.
If your width is less than 50cm then you can use the standard wheelchair.
If your width is more than 50cm then you may be more comfortable in a widened bariatric wheelchair.
However, these are guidelines only and the optimal wheelchair size depends on what you find more comfortable.