Left Foot Flip Up Accelerator for Automatic Cars Handicap Car Conversions
Have you suffered from a stroke and have trouble with using your right foot to control the brake and accelerator pedals?
Or have you had an amputation and require a left foot accelerator?
Do you share your vehicle with other members of the family whom require a right foot accelerator?
If so, then you should try the Flip Up Left Foot Accelerator pedal from Gilani Engineering.
- The flip up system is a discrete conversion where this left foot accelerator pedal can be folded away upwards safely when not being used.
- This modification allows the vehicle to be used as per original unmodified, other drivers will not see nor even notice the modification.
- GEDRUN2 allows for operation of the accelerator and brake with the left leg by drivers with lack of functionality to the right lower limb.
- It changes the position of the accelerator pedal from the right to the left respect to the brake pedal.
- This modification can be installed in cars with an automatic transmission or automatic clutch.
- The system is there for you to with easy push sideways with your left foot allow the left foot accelerator to fold down ready to be used.
- To fold away simply put your left foot under the pedal and flip it up.
- this design allows you to keep driving by using only your left foot.
- A lever system transfers the accelerator pedal from the right to the left of the brake pedal.
Gilani Engineering delivers Left Foot Accelerators Australia Wide, or if you live in Sydney and require Installation and RMS Certification, feel free to visit our workshop and have our team of highly experienced engineers look after your vehicle.
As NDIS registered providers for vehicle modifications we can even help you use your NDIS funding for the left foot accelerator
To inquire on professional installation please contact us.
1- How much does a left flip up foot accelerator cost?
A left flip up foot accelerator costs $749 to supply, however there are additional costs for installation and certification by our RMS certified engineers. Contact us on 02 8740 8963 or email email@example.com for a free quote today.
2- Are Left flip up Foot Accelerators legal?
Left flip up Foot Accelerators are certainly legal in Australia and NSW. However, they must be installed by certified mechanics and engineers to ensure you are safe. You may also be required to take your driving test with the left foot accelerator installed to your vehicle. Our RMS certified engineers are able to certify your vehicle to RMS NSW standards and ensure your vehicle modification is road worthy.
3- What is a left flip up foot accelerator?
A left flip up foot accelerator is a device installed to your vehicle and allows an alternative method of using your car's accelerator pedals. This device is highly suitable for people that do not have an ability to use their right foot to reach the accelerator pedal which is usually installed on the right in most vehicles. Instead, the left foot option is a pedal installed on the left side and allows people to use their left foot instead of their right to control the acceleration of their vehicle.
4- Is the accelerator on the left or right?
Most standard cars have the accelerator installed on the Right side as most people are right foot dominant. However our team of engineers can install a left version for you if you need it. Individuals who have suffered from a left sided stroke (with their right side affected) would benefit from a left foot accelerator installation. Furthermore, individuals with a right foot amputation or even Right knee arthritis would benefit from a left foot accelerator installation.