The 5 reasons you should to hire a wheelchair before purchase
Are you wondering why you should hire a wheelchair before buying?
Well you have come to the right place as Gilani Engineering's multidisciplinary team of highly specialised allied health professionals and engineers are experts in mobility and love to help our clients choose the right hire to buy program to reach their truely deserved freedom and independence!
As NDIS registered providers for hire equipment Sydney we understand that purchasing the best mobility equipment for you is a challenging feat! There numerous factors to consider before deciding to commit to a wheelchair including:
- Comfortability - Comfort is a highly subjective opinion, even if you know the exact details of the material, all materials can differ slightly which may impact the overall comfort of the wheelchair. Gilani Engineering has a range of cushion options to offer along with our electric wheelchairs and a range of different covers. Even changing the cover or contour of two cushions with the same filling may change the comfort. That is why we always recommend you to trial a wheelchair before buying.
- Fit and Size to the person- Fit and size is an important factor for choosing the perfect wheelchair for you. This is to ensure you are sitting in the correct posture when in the wheelchair and that you are appropriately supported. If the wheelchair is too large, you will move around, however if the wheelchair seat is too tight, you will feel uncomfortable and may even have a risk of developing pressure injuries if you are unable to move around.
- Weight capacity and weight of the wheelchair - Heavier individuals require wheelchairs not only with a higher weight capacity but also with more room such as the bariatric air hawk or falcon lightweight folding electric wheelchair. You can hire a wheelchair such as the lightweight folding electric wheelchair in the bariatric version known as the Air hawk or Falcon by contacting our staff on 02 8740 8963.
- Suitability to home environment - Depending on the size of the available access in your home, different sized wheelchairs are suitable.
- Ease of use and whether it fits in the car - Depending on how large your car boot is, you may need to consider whether the wheelchair you are buying fits into the boot and whether it can fold.
Number 1 reason for why you should always hire a wheelchair before buying
The number 1 reason for why you should hire to buy an electric wheelchair is to save on costs. When you hire a wheelchair from Gilani Engineering, you are able to trial mobility equipment in your own home environment for 14 days and can choose to either have it picked up from your own home or purchase it after.
Why is the hire to buy program the best available in Sydney?
The hire to buy program is a great option for people that would like to hire equipment Sydney before buying it. The best news is that you can choose to trial mobility equipment and if at the end of trial period you decide to keep the product, most of the hire fees will get deducted, saving you many costs! Our electric wheelchairs for hire are brand new and come to you in the box meaning that they are exactly like the real thing!
How much does it cost to hire products from Gilani Engineering?
The hire fees at Gilani Engineering are the lowest in Sydney at just 0.06% of the original price per day!
The other fees included are:
- Admin fee of $99
- Once off disinfection/cleaning fee of $99
- Delivery fee if you choose to, rates depend on delivery location and weight of the product
- Pick up fee if you choose to have us pick it up, depends on location and weight of the product
This means that if you were to trial electric wheelchair such as the Air Hawk, to a location in Brisbane city a break down of the 14 day hire would be as follows:
Admin fee - $99
Cleaning fee - $99
Delivery fee - $99
Pick up fee - $99
Hire Fee - 0.06% x (original price) 2890 x 14 days = 242.76
Now, what happens if you decide to keep the Air Hawk?
So at the moment, the Air Hawk is on sale for $2390
and since you have paid $638.76
the Hire fee, cleaning fee and pick up fee are refundable meaning
Now you just have to pay $1949.24 to keep your brand new Air Hawk!
Do we accept NDIS funding?
Yes! As your trusted NDIS registered providers for mobility equipment, we certainly accept NDIS funding for your hire. Just contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 8740 8963 with your NDIS number, Full name and Date of birth to have a wheelchair hire organised for your immediately.